[at-l] Another review for 2for 2 Tent

Rob wrote:

>Ok, I'm assuming this(new 2for2) is a miners/pyramid type setup, yes? I'd
>love to see some photos of this new design if anyone has them.  sq. footage
>too. I believe John's had no floor, what about Ron's? I'm still searching
>for the elusive, roomy, ultralite 2 person tent...

Rob -
Ginny and I used the 2for2 for most of the PCT two years ago.  We've used it
for all our hiking (backpacking) since then. I'll append what I recently
wrote to a friend about it.
Jim

The short version is that the 2/2 is ideal for the PCT.  It's light, has
lots of screen (for the bugs - also doesn't make you feel claustrophobic if
you flip the vestibule to the back side).  It uses your hiking poles so it
saves some weight that way too.  It was roomy enough for 2 of us and still
came in (complete with ground cloth and the necessary hardware at under 3#).
  Probably could have skipped the ground cloth.  It did well in rain - we
traded it for a Clip Flashlite in Washington - that was a mistake.  It's
hard to cook in a Flashlite while the 2/2 has this neat vestibule you can
sit under and cook with the stove outside and away from the tent a little.
Condensation was the downside, but it was no worse than you'd expect in a
single wall tent and, as it turned out, no worse than the Flashlite.  The
upside to the condensation story is that the tent dries really fast - 20-30
min of sunlite dries it out nicely even if it's really wet.

Oh, yeah - wind.  Just have to make sure that the back side is to the wind
otherwise it'll likely act as a sail.  And it IS noisy in windy conditions,
but the Flashlite isn't much better.

Anyway  - I recommend it for the PCT - and I believe it would do well on the
CDT.  A lot of people have used the Nomad on the AT so it should be good
there, too.