[at-l] Re: Alcohol stovers

I started my through hike this year with a Wisperlight stove. It worked
great with no problems. When I got to Demaskas VA. I decided to try and
reduce some pack weight by changing to a soda can stove. I used this
stove for quite awile and than gave it away to a needy hiker. I than
made a new stove from a Fosters Beer can. This stove allowed me to set
my pot right on top of the stove with no other support. I used my
Wisperlight wing screen and carried the fule in a 16 oz soda bottle. I
would buy dry gas at convience stors along the trail. Don't use
isopropel dry gas. It burns dirty and does not produce the same amount
of heat as ethel alchole. The stove made from the Fosters can would cook
a Lipton dinner on 1 oz of fuel. Simple stove that worked great through
out the rest of my hike.

Grampie-N-> 2001:cool: :)