[at-l] Re: Alcohol stovers

janl2@mindspring.com writes:
> sometimes I just like the utter simplicity of my open can. Plus I can pour
> unused alcohol back. I need a windscreen and pot lid to get any kind of
> boil tho.

Hi Jan,
I thought about the ease of a fire through the open can method too.  Would
disadvantages be lower efficiency than "jet" stove and less control over
flame/heat?  With the "jet" stove, once your heating is done, couldn't you
snuff out the fire and save the unused alcohol then too?

Thanks to all of you for your input!
Teresa

multipart/alternative
  text/html