[at-l] Going solo

Well It's time for my nighttime disturbance story. This happened back in
the late 70's, I was day hiking in Yosemite valley and camping at the
North Pines campground. About 3 AM one night I was awakened by loud
female screaming followed after a few minutes by mass yelling and pot
banging. I got out of my bag and tent and went over to see what was
going on.
Some woman was camping with her boy friend. They were sleeping without a
tent but certainly were not experienced campers. Before going to sleep
she had slathered about 4 oz of Apricot face crème on her face. She was
awakened by the bear sitting on her chest and licking the crème off her
face!
When I got down to their camp site she and her bf were throwing
everything they had into the backseat of their car and were last seen
heading down the road. I suspect that was the end of her camping career.

Bryan