mtnsin afghanistan (was Re: [at-l] A.N.W.R. VOTE)

> You were joking but I find myself looking at the
> mountains in the background
> of news reports and thinking "It sure would be neat
> to hike there if they
> weren't shooting at ya."

So, I had this _weird_ dream last night.  I was hiking
and came to a road crossing.  It wasn't the AT, but
(as became obvious in a few moments) Afghanistan.
(heh, maybe it _was_ the AT, the Afghanistan Trail...)
 I was sitting there taking a break and noticed some
US soldiers on this little knoll about 30 yards away.
All of a sudden, they took off running.  So, being the
curious type, I got up and walked up the knoll to see
what they were looking at.  (Like I said, this was a
dream.  Seeing soldiers/cops/firemen run from
something is usually not a _good_ sign...)  I crest
the knoll and see like a million uhhhhhhh I can't
think of the right politcally correct word here, but
we'll just say Arab soldiers in Black clothing
swarming toward me.  And all I could think about was,
damnit, they ruined my hike!!!  Weirdness abounds...

=====
--
Schuyler Stultz
Former and future AT hiker