[at-l] dirty question

In a message dated 12/6/2001 7:47:23 AM Eastern Standard Time,
hudsom@us.ibm.com writes:

> The north end of the Long Trail can be just a wee bit muddy

Yes it can, this year though, it was dry dry dry.  Even the boot sucking mud
around Madonna Peak and White Face was bone dry.

We shared a shelter with an end to ender that hadn't bathed in 23 days, since
the start of his Long Trail hike.  We wanted to rename him Ecoli-boi or
Staphylococcus Kid.  I've smelled stanky hikers before, but this was
disgusting.  I almost lost my dinner.  All during the night, odors would
drift from his side of the shelter. YUCK.  We got out of there early the next
morning.  It took several hours for my nostrils to clear the stench.  You
know how skunk odor lingers, well, this was worse.

Chase even tried to politely tell him about the great wash buckets we each
carried, our flat bottomed zip lock bags.  Ecoli Boi thought it was a real
accomplishment he hadn't bathed in soooo long.

Cin

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---