[at-l] A.N.W.R. VOTE - conservation issue - not trail

At 08:10 PM 12/4/01 -0700, Ron Martino wrote:
>...clip...
>         Nonsense. The entire North Slope is /potentially/ available under
>current law, except for the Refuge. If our need is so great, let's tap
>into the Alaskan National Petroleum Reserve and see what we can find
>there. Why drill the 1002 Area now?

That's a no brainer.  The oil companies have a sympathetic administration
right now.  If they go for the oil that is available under current rules
and there's a less sympathetic administration when that runs out...
well?  When you want it *all* you go after the parts that are politically
harder to get when the opportunity presents itself and leave the rest for
later.  JMHO

sAunTerer