[at-l] A.N.W.R. VOTE - not trail related

Petites boites!!!  Pete Seger!!!

Now that's "emblematic of Democrats".

Developing a short term supply of oil is not going to change our long term
dependence.  The current debate is only the beginning of something much
larger. It may mean more nuclear power or alternative energy sources but
that also means it focuses us on reducing our dependence on fossil fuels.
Won't it be a better day when acid rain and smog are history and clean air
is taken for granted?

In twenty years very few of the vehicles currently on the road will still be
in service.  In twenty years the national dependence on oil will be (should
be) drastically different.  It seems bewildering to me why we are not making
this the debate.

Furthermore, I think we all know that conservation is not just a personal
virtue.  We've come a long way since 1970, why stop now?

Tim from PA

>>From: W F Thorneloe <thornel@attglobal.net>

>Little boxes on the hillside,
>Little boxes made of ticky-tocky