[at-l] Three Mile (On-List, Off-Topic)

I held out as long as I could.  If this is the show you are referring to, you
might want to check the transcript....
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/three/filmmore/transcript/index.html

Here's the closing paragraph:

Roger Mattson
NRC Senior Engineer
We had a meltdown at Three Mile Island.

It was not the China Syndrome, but we melted the core down. Fifty percent of
the core was destroyed or molten and, ahm, some -- something on the order of
20 tons of uranium found its way, by flowing in a molten state, to the bottom
head of the pressure vessel.
That's a core melt-down. No question about it.

OR
If this is the program, check this transcript....
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/reaction/etc/script.html

For more extensive reading go to...
http://www.library.pitt.edu/research/guides/threemile.html#web sites

For tips on analyzing information sources go to....
http://www.library.cornell.edu/okuref/research/skill26.htm

And when you're finished reading please post your reactions to....
http://forums.backcountry.net/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=9

Steve

"Clifford R. Haynes" wrote:

> Well I aint gona argue about it, but that TV show was a crock, and a joke.
> Much of it was anti nuc garbage designed to scare the crap out of the
> uninformed, and it worked ( apparently still is).
> >
> > --- RoksnRoots@aol.com wrote:
>
> > >     ~~~  my experience/information is based solely on a TV
> > > documentary. What I saw were the actual participants admitting
> > that they did not tell the entire story to the public during the
> > event.
>

> >Sloetoe wrote:
>
> > ### RnR, this was a PBS Frontline program. I have watched it
> > twice, and it is gutwrenchingly sobering. (I had to drive right
> > by TMI to start my throughhike, and *hike* by it 3 months
> > later...) FWIW, I've only known Frontline to get something wrong
> > once, and they were ROUNDLY ripped for it. The program you're
> > speaking of produced not-a-peep from any "other side."

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---