Re[6]: [at-l] A.N.W.R. Vote and political activism.....

"... Rami's a helluva nice guy. ### And Rami: fwiw, N.D.Turtle is a helluva nice
guy. I thought your gracious response was ..... gracious." says sloetoe.

 And he also says, ..." the idiocy of Weary's oft demurred-from, bohica (bend
over, here it comes again) contribution to the at-l. I feel like a sucker when I
enjoy a Weary post, cuz I know tide of community posts will ebb, only to expose
the "me v. all-of-you" swamp to the breeze, stinking the shore, lowering
property values, making small children cry, that sort of thing."

Okay, Sloetoe, tell me again how the ATL welcomes conservatiuon posts, or do you
object to other things I post?

Sorry for the cynicism. For what its worth, I'm not the enemy of anyone. I say
what strikes me as useful to say at the moment, as I've done for the past 40
years. It's never made me any money, but if I die tomorrow, I'll die with the
suspicion that at least some tiny parts of the the world I leave will be a bit
better than the world I inherited. It's only a suspicion. I keep reminding
myself of the Indian Raindance syndrome. Surely if Indians dance long enough it
will surely rain. But I know the dancing may have nothing to do with the
phenomenon.

I'm sorry if "the tide of community posts" ebb when I post. If I sense people
truly want me to shut up, I certainly will. Until then, from time to time I will
post comments on 400 foot towers with  Wind power turbines a few hundred yards
from the trail in Maine, report on efforts to restrict thru hiker access to
Baxter Park, post thoughts on hiking from Georgia to Maine, and may even from
time to time praise the sometimes flawed  genius of wingfoot and RnR.

Being an equal opportunity praiser, I will even from time to time praise Jim &
Ginny, sloetoe, Weary, Kahley, DaRedhead and all the other folks who contribute
to this thing we call the Appalachian Trail.

FWIW, I'm the new editor of the MATC newsletter. Send your $15 membership to
Barbara Clark, PO Box 1256, Auburn, Maine, 04211 in the next few days and I'll
get you on the mailing list. We need the money as we are facing a multi-thousand
dollar deficict this year and more next, which is not good for a club with 600
members and responsibility for 300 miles+ of the AT trail system.

Weary