[at-l] Re: Snausages

--- Rich Bowyer <halflifelost6@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >From: Sloetoe  summer sausage (400/4oz)    (~1280)
>
> Is there anyway to figure out how long this stuff lasts at
> certain temperatures?  I know its winter now, but what about
warmer temps (like this week {65-70})?  I get very tired of
jerky.

### Not as long as you might like, I can tell you for sure. I
opened this three pounder for a three day hike on Veteran's Day,
chopped off what I needed, placed a piece of plastic wrap over
the end, and secured it with a rubber band.

### Don't tell vera but, this last weekend, when I picked it up
to cube it for this trip (expecting/hoping below freezing temps
the whole way...), the end of it was QUITE green, even by my
standards. Yes, microbes fear me, but.....

### So the cut, descinned sausage now resides in the freezer
with the pre-cubed cheese.

### And no, I'm not worried about the cheese. I went from
Damascus to somewhere around The Priest with the same (unopened)
half pound of colby. Came out as a spread, as I recall....

Snautoe

=====
Spatior, Nitor, Nitor, In Nitor!