[at-l] So is 53 pounds "Lightweight"???

Man that sure sounds like a heavy pack!...   one way to shed some weight is
to either break down your food and mail half ahead    or   just hop off
trail and resupply...  I dont have my book in front of me at the moment but
I'm sure someone from the list can provide town & PO locations about the
halfway point.

does the 7lbs of clothing include what you will be wearing ?   Sounds kinda
heavy if not....
how many changes of clothing are you gonna carry?1 spare set should be
plenty even for winter conditions, and is your sleepin bag synth??
one thing great about a synth bag for winter camping is that you can dry
your clothing inside
It gets mighty cold up on those ridges ! even down south!!    dont forget to
take your water bottles and filter into your bag with yu at night or its
possible that everything will be frozen solid in the AM and might not thaw
the entire next day!!!

only 2 pounds of water?????  thats only 1 liter!!    I would double it at
least...and still tank up before heading out in the AM.,and tank up at every
water source you find
   its been a very very dry summer and fall... you may go 8-15 miles or more
between water sources if there is no snow yet up on the ridges

   195 miles in 10 days is  19.5 miles each and every day without fail...
and will only get worse if you dont maintain that pace for the entire trip.
Thats not even taking into consideration how slow you will be hiking if you
encounter snow,ice,rain, and mud.. and a trip into town to pick up food drop
or shop 4 food.  You will also go slower with a HUGE 53# pack!!
The more weight you can shed from your pack, the easyer it will be to
maintain this pace
 oh  I forgot.. days are getting very short these daze...  we are down to
9h30m  of daylight right now today, and will be close to just 9hrs by the
end of the month... which means you better have a good long term light for
hiking at night like an LED headlamp if you want to maintain 20 milers..
a reg incadescent <sp lamp will burn up the batteries in just a few hrs
LED's will burn 40-100 hrs on a single pair of batteries  .... the matrix by
princeton tec would be a good choice for you.. it has a circut that makes it
put out the same amount of light regardless of battery condition

Stopping to cook lunch will also eat up your daylight hours real fast..and
you dont have any to spare.....  any way to change over to snack type foods
you could eat on the go? possibly loosing a few more pounds??

 This out of the box hiking so to speak(you not the boots) , is soo hard to
do...   this is how most hikers ive seen wind up breaking down their feet
early in their hike(doin 20's before your feet build proper calous's <sp )
their feet litterally turned to hamburger in just the first few days of
"pushing it"   maybe you are lucky and your feet are already toughened up!

I wish you the best on your trek...     I hope all this has helped in some
way
peace
FreightTrain & sidekick Midnight