Re[2]: [at-l] A.N.W.R. VOTE - conservation issue - not trail

In a message dated 12/2/2001 2:13:47 PM Pacific Standard Time,
jbkramer@afn.org writes:

Carter's rational policy led to hours long lines at the gas pumps and
inflated prices on all energy.

### Energy prices were inflated because of an Arab Oil Embargo not US
Government policy.

###  He also brought us CAFE standard that did away with my 383 Roadrunner
that got 11 miles to the gallon.  The average car in America in Model Year
1974 got 12.9 miles per gallon. By 1979 it was up to 19.0 because of his
policies.

The only rational energy source, one that is clean, produces no carbon
dioxide, mercury, sulfur oxides, nitrogen oxides or particulates is
abhored by the environment wacko crowd.

### Every time I here the "ONLY" anything I have to disagree.  I would think
one might rationally think that ethanol, wind and solar may be part of the
answer somewhere. I believe that ultimately the overall cost of carbon based
fuels will dictate conservation and alternate fuels.  It's just a matter of
what we have left to live for when we finally reach that point.  Will my
grand kids be able to teach there kids Leave No Trace in the Alaskan
Wilderness or will there be No Trace of Alaskan Wilderness?

Clyde