[at-l] my water bladder cleaning adventures

Hey, try vinegar

	I soak my bottles/bladders in water with a few drops (or more ) of bleach, like most folks. However this would not remove the odor from my Lexan pint size nalgene. I had often left a slurry of coffee grounds in it for extended amounts of time :-). A solution of vinegar and water did freshen it much better. I prefer replaceable soda bottles for water bottles in the winter when drinking hoses tend to freeze up. You can always just get a new one when needed. Just do not add boiling water to a soda
bottle. They are made of heat shrink plastic. You could create a bomb.
	Nalgene's are pretty heavy but I do enjoy carrying one pint size as a multi-use bottle. I stick it in a foam beverage can holder and use it as my thermal hot beverage cup. It is a soaker bottle for veggies. Best of all it has really come in handy on those mornings that I have woke feeling cold! I boil a pint of water and stick the hot water bottle in the bottom of my sleeping bag. Actually this hot water bottle works good stuck inside your jacket on those nights you stay up sky watching etc.

chase