[at-l] A.N.W.R. WARNING Politically Incorrect

Has anyone one this list ever heard of smoke screen politics?  Let me give
you an example or two.

The price of electricity in California gets unreal.... price of fuel
skyrockets.
Senate wants to investigate why prices inflated....Enron goes bankrupt

Don't you feel sorry for the people at Enron?  Why would you want to
investigate Enron?  Anybody know how much Houston based Enron donated to
their favorite son? Anybody know why investigation only started after the man
from Vermont changed colors? Energy brokers cannot make a decent living in
the light of day.

A. N. W. R.   is another such ploy.  Before you scream and holler at each
other follow the money.  It is not now nor will it be cost effective to drill
in ANWR until gas at the pump approaches $2.65.  The bill that rami referred
to is a trade off bill.  The portion about ANWR will be dropped when the bill
making it legal to study the effects that removing CAFE standards on fuel
consumption is dropped.  Write till you are blue in the face and you will
change nothing.  Most lead environmentalist know this is the case.  Did you
even know that it is against the law to study CAFE? Here is the facts Yes I
said facts.  Without this bill there would be no need to drill in ANWR, build
wind mills for weary to be upset about or have a war in Afghanistan or Iraq
in a couple of weeks (Oh yes Georgie Jr. will try to remove his daddies
stain) If you are willing to spend the time you can become well educated in
the ways of your Senate.  I have been there and I didn't like what I saw.
Anyway, before you jump on the black helicopter bandwagon do a little
research.  If you think I'm wrong, attack after you have read the below
url's.  One from each side.  This is what ANWR is really about.

A small excerpt that will give you the idea.

The following year, however, after a change in congressional leadership,
Congress included language in the FY1996 Department of Transportation
Appropriations to prohibit expenditures for any rulemaking that would make
any adjustment to the CAFE standards. Identical language was included in the
appropriations and spending bills for FY1997-FY2000.

Automotive Fuel Economy Program, Twenty-Third Annual Report to the Congress
appearing in full in: U.S. Federal Register, Vol. 64, No. 82, Friday April
29, 1999, p. 23149-23161

http://cnie.org/NLE/CRSreports/Air/air-10.cfm
http://www.heritage.org/library/backgrounder/bg1458.html

Clyde