[at-l] Mail Drop Info.

The typical mail drop is going to vary from hiker to hiker.  In boxes I sent the following things were included:
food for the number of days till the next mail drop
maps
trail data book pages
guidebook pages
his mail and printed out e-mail
nuts,candy, and dried fruit for snacks
Gatorade powder bagged so that each package made a liter
   (2 bags/day)
razor every second shipment
film
prescription medications
asprin, vitamins, glucosamine
anything he indicated he needed--new socks, hiking stick
   rubber tips, batteries, heavier sleeping bag, etc.
triple wrapped baggie of detergent for the laundromat
folded note I wrote for every night he was on the trail
double batch of homemade brownies or bars

Hope this helps some.

Joan
bluetrail@aol.com