[at-l] She had no choice but to...

Penny Johnson died the other day. Just up and died she did.
It didn't seem to bother her much. Seems she almost knew it
was going to happen. The ladies down at the dime store
noticed something, too. Of course, the always notice
something, whether there's something to notice or not.

Penny had been about town, like she always was. Only this
time, it was as if she was paying her friends a last visit.
Saying goodbye. There were no "See you tomorrow"s. No "I'll
pick it up next week". She stopped in all the stores and
shops she'd visited regularly over the past 70 years. Some
of them had the same people working in them. Some had the
same furniture.

To Penny, dying wasn't a bad thing. I suppose she figured it
was the next step to the next place. She assumed, I assume,
that it would be a better place. Not that she thought this
place was a bad place. But, because the next step was
supposed to lead to a better place. Yes, Penny had lived a
good life...she deserved a step to a good place. I suppose
she got it.  I wonder if I'll ever know.

yeah, penny johnson died the other day.

--
Felix Navidad
ME-->GA '98