[at-l] Murders...just a question - Weary

Bob,

Reference your post, dated November 29, 2001, about hunting.

I was an avid hunter.  Every year, I scouted game for two weeks, then hunted
for two weeks.  I once hunted in the Ozark Mountains, sleeping underneath my
Fiat sports car -- very little ground clearance.  Every evening upon
returning to "camp" I would repeatedly drive the car to the road and back
until I tamped down the new snow enough to assure me I could get out before
a heavy snowstorm blocked my exit.

I moved to a rural area.  I came to realize my "hunting" involved getting
away from people, into nature, more than killing animals.  Rural living
satisfied a need hunting had provided.

A bear has visited me nightly for the past seven days.  It's costing me
trash cans, corn, sunflower seed, bird feeders.  Deer reek havoc in the
garden.  I've erected and improved fencing to the tune of over a thousand
dollars.  I have come to feel, however, it is we, my wife and I, who have
moved onto the bear's habitat, not the bear who is encroaching upon us.

It's hunting season now, bear and deer.  I haven't been sufficiently annoyed
to kill this bear.  I haven't hunted in years.

Steve