[at-l] Hiking sticks/staffs/poles, etc. Are they worth it?

>From: Bob Cummings   Does one get sentimental over a pair of Lekis?
>
>   Weary

Can't say I could, but I am still upset that I left my homemade staff on the
side of the trail in PA after a short potty break this spring.  I wish I had
put my name on it.  I took that staff on my first ever overnight backpacking
trip on the Batona Trail in NJ and my first official steps on the AT
beginning in Penmar MD.  I cut it from a tree in my own yard and to this day
can show you the cut I made.

*sniff*