[at-l] hiking sticks/staffs/poles, etc. Are they worth it?

Abe wrote:

> One option is used cheap ski poles with the baskets removed.. you should be
> able to find some for a few dollars
> I used them on my Thru and never regreted not buying hiking poles

I swiped mine from the jerk my sister was dating at the thyme. I just cut them
to length, removed the baskets and painted them. I loved them...'til that stupid
dog Stanley got ahold of them and chewed the grips off. For Christmas last year
I got a gift certificate to a local yuppified-hiking store. I got some Lekis. I
like them, but probably not enuff that I would have spent the money to upgrade
from the ski poles...were the ski poles not dogified. So, I'd make sure that you
want to hike with sticks (I'd recommend it. Yore neice well tank ewe) and then
make your decision about what to use.

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98