[at-l] Weird Virus?

It is called W32Badtrans@MM, it is technically a worm. I have been up for
two days removing it from several different machines. It installs an FTP
backdoor on your computer, a keyboard logger capable of stealing passwords
and credit card information and emails itself to everyone in your unread
mail.

You can contract this worm simply by previewing it, it is not necessary to
open it or to click on the attachment. It is fairly easy to remove but it
does take a little technical savvy. You have to be able to edit the system
registry among other things.

It comes in as a compressed file so you must be set to scan compressed
files. Current virus data is no guarantee. I just updated mine last night
and I can see a copy sitting in my inbox right now.

Lee I Joe