[at-l] Winter exercise & bumper stickers

Over the last four years during the month of May I have section hiked
from Springer to Port Clinton, PA (approx. 1,200 miles).  During the
winter between each hike I think about how out of hiking shape I am
getting after eating all that turkey, ect.

My exercise then amounts to what the Italians call "dolce far niente"
and I get over it.

Def. "dolce far niente" = pleasant relaxation in carefree idleness.

BTW - my most recent favorite bumper sticker read "Yes, this is my
truck.  No, I won't help you move."