[at-l] hiking partner

I hope you will join our list and get several ideas about seeking a
hiking partner. Currently, there is a thread running about a recent
homicide near the AT in New England of a single female hiker. Assaults
on hikers are quite rare, regardless of gender, but it is wise to have
some strength in numbers as well as make sure that someone knows your
itinerary and who to call should you be delayed.

You might consider letting others know what type of hiking experience
you have as well as what type of hiking you plan. If you are planning
on a thru hike of the AT beginning this Spring, a partner may be
difficult to find or maintain for 2000 miles. The numbers of hikers
already on the trail often make a built in partner/buddy network.

Tell us a bit more and see what we can do.

Bill...