[at-l] Murder in the White Mountains.

We don't have information about clothing or efforts to conceal the
corpse. We do not know her weight, nor information regarding the crime
scene. We do not know whether she was attacked where the body was
found, if the victim died after fleeing and hiding from her assailant
or if the body was transported there following an attack elsewhere? We
know the weather and temperature that might have complicated finding
the body.

A few hundred yards could easily be quarter mile or more radius from
the car. The initial searches were probably designed for a missing live
person. The successful search may have been a more systematic grid
search following discovery of physical evidence of an assault.

Let us hope that these investigators were able to obtain other evidence
to lead to more than just the recovery of remains. Let us hope they are
not demoralized by arm-chair critics.

Bill...