Re[2]: [at-l] winter exercise idea?

FWIW. I've never set aside time for deliberately exercising, and have never
participated in organized sports, unless pick up neighborhood basketball games
50+ years ago qualify.

 But somehow I've remained in reasonably good health. At my 55th high school
 graduation reunion it was fasincating to see the high school sports stars
 hobbling with canes.

 Despite a heart valve that has leaked badly for years, I seem to remain in good
 health. My secret? I've no idea. Though maybe impatience played a part. I often
 couldn't wait an hour for the school bus, so would walk 2.5 miles home.

 At work, I could never wait the seconds required for the elevators to arrive so
 bounded two steps at a time up and down three flights of stairs, three or four
 times a day for my caffeine fixes. At lunch time I would escape the cubby holes
 and wander for a mile or so.

 Nine years ago such "training" got me from Springer
 to Katahdin at age 64. A couple of times a year I still carry a chainsaw to the
 summit of Whitecap, clearing blowdowns, and practice at home providing my
 winter's fire wood. And I still dream of going to Georgia again, just to walk
 home.

 Weary