[at-l] trail names

In '92 there was a 'Under Wandering Stars' on the trail. Looked great
signed in the register, but everyone called him by his real name. So, yeah,
stick to one or two syllables.
Skip 'Big', 'Dog', 'Bad', and 'Just' too, if you want an original trail
name. Every year there's 'Bigfoot', 'Bad Dog', and 'Just Joe', etc. I
suppose you could be original and go with 'Just Big Bad Dog Joe', but
that's kind of awkward <g>.
Of course you could always wait until a trail name is thrust upon you:
'Brain Dead' (from the newspaper articles), our friend 'Ziplock', 'Beer
Girl'... Feeling lucky???
I think I lucked out. I ran into a southbound 'Skeeterfeeder' in '92, and
it was eight more years before I ran into a 'Skeeterbite' at the Gathering,
so I inadvertantly made a good choice. The alternate trailname was offered
by another hiker in Penn who said that I looked like 'Shaggy' in 'Scooby
Doo'. Forutnately 'Skeeter' was firmly embedded by that point <g>.

skeeter(bait)...

ps: Hey Woodelf... Bruises??? Just wait til you come back from the first
trip and drop your dirty gear in the middle of the new rug, and then you'll
have bruises <vbg> Congrats!