[at-l] Feb on AT - Are crampons necessary?

In a message dated 11/19/2001 8:53:01 PM Mountain Standard Time,
orangebug74@yahoo.com writes:

> Campmor
> advertises a few other options that fit over the soles of your shoes,
> although I'd wonder how effective they are compared to screwed in
> spikes or instep crampons

I have some of these.  They are heavy, so I cannot imagine carrying them in
my backpack when instep crampons would probably do a better job.  I do use
them when we have sheets of ice on pavement and concrete in town.  They are
wonderful!

Kinnickinic

multipart/alternative
  text/html