[at-l] The sky is falling! The sky is falling!...

I went too!

We went to camp at my boyhood home (my parents still live there so it wasn't
like we were stealth camping or anything).

My girls and I got there at about 3:00 in the afternoon, set up camp,
cleared the fire ring and started collecting wood.
My wife had to go to a baby shower so she didn't get there until around
5:30.  We all got dinner ready and cooked over the fire.  I was a little
worried because, due to the strange weather we've been having in Indiana, we
were hearing that there would be dense fog with zero visibility.  It's been
in the mid 70's in Indy the last couple of days with lows in the 40's.  I
was, however,  looking forward to Perfect sleeping weather.  After
Smashmallows and s'mores cooked on the fire, everyone turned in at about
9:00pm.  We all woke up at 4:00 to light fog just at ground level, and a
crystal clear starry sky.  My little brother had shown up late with his
girlfriend, my mom woke up with us and Susan and the girls all turned out
with me to see the show.

We made our way from the woods where we were camped up to the top of the
hill in the field by the pond.  There were a couple of late bullfrogs still
singing when the dogs woke them up and we had a spectacular show from 4:00
till 5:30.  They were shooting in every direction, in large groups and
singles.  We were all Ooo's and Aah's the whole time.  My brother's
girlfriend got cold and went inside b4 the rest of us were done, but my
little girls had a great time.  We invented our own constellations during
slow times, and discussed the science and wonder of the night.  What a great
memory for all of us!

I'm glad we got to see it and hope to do it again in '99....I'll be 131
then.  I should be able to do it!  No problem!

c-ya,

-r

noble path
- Still round the corner there may wait