[at-l] RE: Stupid Hikers Tricks

I was out for a dayhike with a few other guys, from Low Gap to Damascus, =
where we left a car.  It was raining pretty steady so we had rain gear =
on.  We stopped at Abingdon Gap Shelter to talk to some thru-hikers and =
read the shelter journal, plus get out of the hail that began as we =
approached the shelter.

We had a good visit, then the hail subsided and we were ready to head =
back out.  Since it was still raining, Eric & I put our hoods up upon =
standing, but before exiting the shelter.  I'm 5' 11" and Eric is 6' -- =
the crossbeam on the shelter is probably 5' 10" off the ground.  With =
our hoods on we failed to notice this fact, and walked forehead first =
into the log beam, one right after the other.  The thru's were polite =
enough to wait until we left to laugh at us, though our other "friends" =
were only too eager to lend their support by saying "THUMP, THUMP!" and =
then laughing hysterically.

Dewman

multipart/alternative
  text/html