[at-l] Veteran's Day

Jan Leitschuh asked:
Re: Point #1
Do we add the Northern Alliance to this list?
Just thinking aloud...

Probably too early to tell yet, but I don't think so.  Here's why:

In the past, we've done this kind of thing in secret.  CIA officers or a
small military group (special forces or the like) go in and quietly train
the "rebels", give them good intel, better weapons, and help them organize
their forces.  Think Iran-Contra, Mogadishu, etc.

This is too public.  The UN is involved in stabilizing the new government.
Major portions of the world are involved in this war.  It's too bright for
the cockroaches so to speak.

I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

Now, if this had not turned into a war, I definitely think that we could
have added the Northern Alliance to that list.

-r