[at-l] Vetern's Day

  Very well put Jan.  I was trying to frame a similar response, but now I
don't have to since the one below is an excellent reflection of my own
thoughts on the subject.

Thanks,    Pat Loomis

Jan Leitschuh <janl2@mindspring.com>@mailman.backcountry.net on 11/14/2001
06:58:11 AM

Sent by:  at-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net

To:   AT-List <at-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
cc:
Subject:  Re: [at-l] Vetern's Day

Jack,

Seriously,
Do you think it is unpatriotic to assess and question our actions as a
nation sometimes? In an individual, we would call it conscience, and
applaud it.

It's possible it is the MOST patritotic thing we can do. We are strong
enough to stand a good hard look at ourselves - in fact, it may be  the
ultimate strength our nation possesses.

Isn't the price of freedom vigilance? So why call it trashing? We are
strong enough to look with clear eyes. I would go so far as to call it
our duty to do this looking.

Best,
Jan