[at-l] Thanksgiving in Erwin...more info

The plans for the Thanksgiving Dinner here in Erwin
are going great after we almost cancelled it.  We had
lost the space we had reserved at the National Guard
Armory because of the continued threat to such
facilities.  But the town of Erwin offered the use of
the new City Hall meeting room...  NICE!  So we will
take it UPTOWN!  We will not have as many Southbound
Thru-Hikers as last year  but we will have some and we
will have some alumni hikers as well. This event is
planned as a way to help educate the people in this
area about who Thru-hikers are and what they are
doing. It is also a way for interested people to learn
from other long distance hikers about gear, food, what
to do if you see a bear...etc…The past dinners have
been very successful!(We did an Easter Dinner this
year for Northbounders)  Plus, it is a great excuse
for a get together!! I would love to see everyone
there!  Several have said they will be coming and that
makes me smile!

Here are the particulars...

Thanksgiving Dinner...Friday, November 16th...
6-9pm..ish...Erwin City Hall...Main Street...

After the dinner get together till ??? ...Will be at
Best Southern Hotel...(423)743-6438 Private Rooms
available....Call me if you want a "space" in the
group rooms we have reserved... $10.00 per person
SoBo hikers will stay here in free rooms... Thanks
Best Southern!
Special Room rates at
the Holiday Inn Express (423)743-4100 and
the Super 8 (423)743-0200  as well...
 Tell them you are coming for the Thru-Hiker Dinner...

Mahoneys Outfitters prizes...Special Musical
guests...(THANKS JAN!)...Maybe some Bluegrass, too...
Definite jam session later so bring your kazoo! …or
whatever!
Local Community invited... Scouts...
Hiking Clubs...Schools...Churches...
Trail Maintainers...Alumni Thru-Hikers...Dreamers...
ATL Listers :) :) and many more...

POT LUCK STYLE(bring a side dish, dessert, etc)...
or pick up take out when you get here... Pizza does to
go great with turkey!!
Food also provided by area restaurants & grocery
stores,
Help setting up then cleaning up will be accepted.
PLEASE – Pass this email on to anyone you think might
be interested in joining us!