[at-l] I can't believe I'm asking this...

Margery and Earl Towne, then of New Hampshire, now residents of East Andover
Maine, met on the trail; did a 600 mile section hike with me in 1993, and a year
or two later were married on a snowy March day at an AT leanto near Glencliff,
NH.

We all either skied or snowshoed to the leanto site -- including the minister.
Earl had prepared a bonfire ahead of time and created frozen snow seats around
the fireplace pit. We had a little champagne, hot dogs, cold roast turkey and
some cup style wedding cake.

Margery and Earl now operate The Cabin, a hostel for hikers in East Andover.

In his spare time, Earl serves as the assistant overseer of 60 miles of the so
called 100-mile-wilderness, north of Monson.

Weary