[at-l] Lipton Dinners revisited with the pot cozy

Bruce

I'm not sure what "'properly' cooked" means in this case -- as many of my
trail recipes are not what I get at home w/ a full kitchen and fresh
ingredients at my disposable.  Texture is one of the thing that is often
sacrificed.  Besides, taste in foods come only slightly behind religion and
politics in things that I try to avoid, as divisive subjects.  So, I am
offering the following comments w/ full acknowledgements that YMMV.

Also, for me, the idea of cozy cooking has more to do w/ saving fuel (read
weight) and avoiding pot clean up than with the best gourmet cooking
technique.

To be sure, pasta that is cooked in little water and not rinsed with hot
water tends to be sticky -- i.e., classic pasta cooked alone with a discreet
sauce nestled in a bed of white pasta is beyond my cozy cooking.

However, pasta cooked in the sauce is very doable.  Pasta in soups is great
when cooked in a cozy.

The trick is timing -- and that varies from pasta type to pasta type.  For
most pasta it is not just a "bring to a boil and slip into the cozy method."
Rather it is a "bring the pasta to a boil in water with olive oil, cook for
a short while, and then slip into the cozy before it starts to stick
method."

Chainsaw