[at-l] Please let the stuff drop...

In a message dated 11/11/01 9:29:48 AM Eastern Standard Time,
orangebug74@yahoo.com writes:

> Weary, this was old a few months ago. This list is about the AT, not WF
> or his refugees. This latest refugee didn't hang around long enough to
> receive any sort of "treatment."
>
> It seems pretty odd they wish to point fingers at these three. Is your
> agenda to see more leave the AT-L over WF threads? I hope not, and hope
> that we can avoid making more WF threads and get back to real trail
> issues. For instance, your excellently crafted letter concerning Baxter
> Ranger and hiker conflicts.

        *** Having refrained from any conflict yesterday for the List's sake,
I can't help but point out that some on this list complained of *%'s divisive
effect on the community. The above wording is deliberately offensive and
isolates a group of ATL members under the pejorative term "refugees" in order
to subordinate them. I can't see how that conforms to any form of openness or
campfire friendliness? It seems a rather aggressive, preemptive tack aimed
solely to reduce the value of otherwise reputable AT members. I believe its
author is more interested in dispensing "treatment" than objectively
discussing myriad AT involvements.

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---