[at-l] Notice -- Ice Cream Lady at Red Roof Farm House Closed Down

FYI

Thursday, I had a talk to the Ice Cream Lady at Red Roof Farm House at the
Rt 42 crossing between Laura Creek Shelter and Starver Holler Shelter
(between Pearisburg and Catawba re-supply points).

She is moving and has closed down this very handy, little-documented,
short-term re-supply point.

Chainsaw

BTW -- To the best of my knowledge the re-supply store listed in my current
edition of the Central Virginia Guidebook (Fifth Edition) at Twin Oaks on 42
has been closed for a couple of years.  So the closest re-supply on 42 is
now probably at Newport, about six or seven mile "East" (e.g., to the right
for NOBOs).