Another role for the IAT? Re: [at-l] New Baxter rules

sloetoe@yahoo.com writes:
> If a new Trail hooked out to the west and north and approached
> Katahdin from a remote side. Perhaps the problem would be removed
> from the situation in question?

Nope. You have only two possible routes up Katahdin from the South & west,
the trail the Hunt's cut which is the AT, and the trail cut by a rock
slide-the Abol Trail. There is way to bushwhack from the Brothers via Fort
Mnt and connect with the Northwest Basin Trail, but that's a two day beast of
a hike just to get to Davis Pond. That's also where the last hiker death in
the Park occurred.
I dunno what the answer is, but a drastic reroute of the AT isn't it.
TJ

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---