[at-l] Lipton Dinners revisited with the pot cozy

I have no problems using an alcohol stove and cooking two Liptons at
a shot. One thing I do, though, is put the noodles in from the
get-go; there's no reason to wait for boiling water.

Sloetoe

--- "Bruce W. Calkins" <bcalkins@disaster-relief.net> wrote:

> >Lipton Dinners need to be boiled.
> I will say now that the Lipton rice and noodle Dinners will cook
> very well in the pot cozy.  Pasta (Maccaroni, spagatti, etc) does
not seem to cook well with the bring to a boil and slip into the cozy
method.  It would seem that the pasta needs to be acually boiling to
cook properly.  That said, using the pot cozy does make the pasta
soft enough to eat, Just not quite "properly" cooked.
> Black Wolfe
>

> >(1) I have had some luck doing them with
> >the alcohol stove. Bring water,milk (2) and margarine (3)(4)to a
> boil, add
> >Lipton let boil until fuel burns out, 3 to 5 minutes using pot
> gripers to
> >lift pot from flames to control rate of boil. When stove goes out
> let pot
> >set 5 to 8 minutes then eat, often very a dente even crunchy.

=====
Spatior, Nitor, Nitor, In Nitor!