[at-l] Baxter

> have to say. Oh, one more, please act responsibly on
> the AT next year, I am coming up from Florida

Yes mom!

I'm not in for a spanking, am I? Remember that time
you tried to spank me by holding my arm and wailing
away with your other and we just kept twisting and
twisting until you finally wore out and I ran away?

Geez, there you have it thru-hikers. The warnings are
coming. Remember...here are the rules for your
thru-hike:

Rule Number 1: Forget all that crap about this or that
thing you're supposed to do -- forget all this
business about 'you better be good or else.'

Just be yourself, have a great time, enjoy.

God, if it isn't already a hard enough challenge to
thru-hike the Appalachian Trail somebody has to load
up your pack with a list of known concrete ways of
living life.

I'll bet ninety-nine and forty-four one-hundreths
percent of you are terrific people to be around. Don't
let anyone, me included, tell you how to run your
thru-hike. By the time you take your first thru-hiking
step on the Trail you'll have so much time and money
and effort and worry and thinking invested you're
gonna need to make your own decisions -- bad or good
-- and reap the great rewards or suffer the
consequences.

This isn't about doing a thru-hike in order to please
other people. It's about you. Yes you! Be yourself,
however that is. Others will be themselves too. You'll
have a wonderful experience! It's an adventure of a
lifetime.

Datto