[at-l] fake chicken

Try http://www.lumenfds.com/
Their fake jerky is great. Their fake chicken I only tried a little of, and
it's close to their jerky in taste and texture. I tried just throwing it
into a Liptons dinner and wasn't particularly impressed with the results.
If you cook it just a bit too long all the taste cooks out of it and it
turns to string, if you don't cook it quite long enough it's just like
having jerky in your noodles - pretty chewy. I didn't experiment long
enough to hit the happy medium, and I think it might work better in a
"real" recipe...
They also have fake Italian sausage, Canadian bacon, and other flavorings -
so maybe something starting with more taste wouldn't "fade" so quick as it
was cooked.
And if nothing else you can eat all of it as some really good jerky...

skeeter