[at-l] what to do with gear or cooking in rain w/hammock

That is what I've done also. One of the best treats with a hammock is the
fact that you are bringing a chair. You can sit in your hammock and bend
over from time to time to stir the pot. So what if the pot gets rain on it?

If my backpack is wet from rain, I simply buckle it up to one of the trees
that the hammock is connected to. A rain cover keeps it from getting much
worse. If the pack is dry, I bring it into my hammock as a foot rest, much
as I do with my Nomad in colder weather.

OrangeBug