[at-l] At Planning Forums - Open for Business

Thanks guys and gals, for all the thank you's and encouraging words while
trying to get this site up quick.

The AT Planning Forums site is now officially open for business, to
hopefully serve as an alternative for a portion of the now missing WF site.
The site is at http://at.plangraphics.org/.

I've tried to duplicate WF's topics initially, so that if you want to post
any of your old info under the same topic you can.  There is also a
suggestion forum so that you can request new forums or features that you'd
like to see to make the site more useful.  I'll be adding new features as I
get time, and will also be cleaning the graphics and layout up, but I wanted
to get the site forums up and running ASAP (hey, I'm thru-hiking next year
and need to soak up all the information I can get my hands on!).

A couple usage notes:

1) When you first enter the forums section, by clicking on the "AT Planning
Forums" graphic, you will need to register in order to post messages.  Do
this by clicking the "Register" link in the upper right section of the page.
NOTE - you do not have to register in order to view the forum messages.
Also, I haven't gotten the disclaimer up on the site yet, but let me say
publicly, your email addresses and any other registration information will
not be sold to third parties, nor be used for marketing anything to you,
it's simply to keep "spammers" from flooding the site with junk.

2) Also - when posting a new topic to a forum, the "New Topic" button is
located in the upper right corner of the page (a bit misleading, I'll try
and get that fixed quickly).

3) Anyone who wants to volunteer to be a moderator for a specific forum,
please email me.  Your duties would basically consist of just checking the
forum periodically to ensure that there is no spam or outrageous XXX rated
behavior, etc...

4) I don't monitor the site every 15 minutes, nor will I...however I will
make sure it stays running, and try and periodically check the content to
make sure we don't get "spammed".

5) I believe that freedom of speech and thought should be practiced (use it
or lose it).  I won't censor you nor kick you off for voting one way or the
other, or disagreeing with my ideas.

6) I like to hike....a lot.  I'm usually not around on the weekends, so if
something goes wrong and doesn't get fixed immediately, my apologies - I'll
get things running ASAP after I'm out of the woods!  I'll try and answer any
site related email ASAP, however I do get busy with real work from time to
time, and sometimes I just take off and go hiking on the spur of the moment
(life is good, yes?)...so don't worry, I'll respond to your
requests/questions as soon as I can get to them.

Enjoy,
Ed '02