[at-l] Hello, Goodbye, I don't know why...

At 08:50 AM 11/5/01 -0500, Ron Winchester wrote:
>For those of you who may or may not know, the Trailplace and
>Thru-hikers.com sites along with the ATML mailing list has been shut
>down indefinitely.  Although I know some folks will be overjoyed at
>hearing this news, many, including myself, find it a loss to those
>interested in the AT.

I don't think anyone "will be overjoyed" at hearing that Trailplace is shut
down again.  In all the heated discussion over WF there was never a
suggestion that Trailplace wasn't a good resource for AT hikers.  The
passionate discussion was all over WF's attitude as manifested through
ATML.  I have the impression that if he would simply 'lighten up', it would
solve most if not all his problems with the AT community.

Weary isn't surprised.  I am.  He just got it going again and had put a
tremendous amount of work into it.  I didn't think he'd quit that easily
after investing that much time and money.  He needs a vacation to get
perspective.  I suggested that to him several years ago but he was locked
into feeling indispensible.  It's sad to see someone crash and burn from
their own overenthusiasm.

sAunTerer