[at-l] I HATE my Whisperlite

At 11:38 AM 11/4/2001 -0500, "FreightTrain & sidekick Midnight" wrote:
>I have a whisperlite, apex 2, soda can stove, woodburning zip stove , photon
>stove, and a canister stove  and  the photon is by far the lightest and it
>performs well.... tho its not a simmering stove.. but hey... I only need to
>boil water anyway!

Can someone help out the uninitiated here?  What is the difference between
a soda can stove and a photon stove?  I have heard both mentioned on the
list numerous times, but would appreciate someone providing details on
these two different versions of homemade stoves.  Also are there any web
sites that give details on building both of these types of stoves?

I have a whisperlite.  Do the homemade stoves work as well or better in
varying weather conditions (like winter vs. summer, etc.)?

Thanks!

http://hikeinpa.com