[at-l] New here...a dream coming true?

Welcome (or should I say, Howdy) Stacy -

As far as I've gathered (and I've only been here at the campfire about a
month), there are several of us that are stretched out along or near the
trail on this DL.  I'm in Delwar (at least that's the way the pronounce it
here) otherwise known as Delaware.  Even though I could contentedly walk off
into the woods tomorrow forever, I've got a day job that I still enjoy and
will likely continue doing so for 20 more years.  So I am section hiking the
trail (I'm lucky that about 1/4 of the AT is within 4-5 hours of me so the
logistics work for long weekends like last where I knocked out all of the
Maryland section).  I think we also have at least Jawja (the correct spelling
according to a fellow yankee college frat brother who has lived in Roswell
for the past 20 years and is now a naturalized suburban 'Lanta yankee
Jawjan), North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Pennsylvania and Maine present
here at the campfire that I've heard weigh in from time to time.

Point is -

Make as much of a plan as you can (stuff happens no matter how detailed the
plan) for whenever you can make it happen and run with it (sooner rather than
later - delayed plans typically get continually delayed).  If you get stuck
along your travels, you likely have a number of bailout options and friendly
folks to help out in a pinch, IMHO (kind of like Texas).  My plan on section
hiking is that I will likely end up calling on these fine folks myself at
some point along the trail (all y'all consider yourselves forewarned).  It
only took me about four or five emails with this group to get this year's
aborted Jawja section hike rescheduled for next March, which will make it two
states down and twelve to go.

My two cents.

Happy trails,

Dave Timmons

p.s. - I'm a naturalized Texan having worked 7 years in the Lone Star State -
even have the Texas passport to prove it.