[at-l] Crossing Borders (was 2002 Hikes)

At 07:10 AM 10/30/01 -0500, KarenS62@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 10/30/01 3:12:53 AM Eastern Standard Time,
>saunterer@jimbullard.org writes:
>
>>A passport is *not* required for trips to/from Canada for either US or
>>Canadian citizens.  Any immigration agent who suggests otherwise is on a
>>personal power trip and trying to intimidate you.  If you have proof of
>>your citizenship (usually a driver's license or other picture ID and a
>>birth certificate) that is all you need.
>
>While technically this is true, if you traveling in any other means than
>an automobile, you may find you have problems. We have customers in
>Toronto and I have heard (and experienced) more than one horror story
>encountered when the person flying in didn't have their passport.

Well, I'll be testing this on the 17th of Nov. when I drive to Canada to
fly back to the US (Ottawa is the nearest large airport and I'm going to LA
to see my son).  I'll be reversing the procedure on the 24th.

>Besides, you never know if after finishing your hike the urge will hit  to
>fly to the Carribean and recuperate on a catamaran.

Can't take what I don't have.  Never had a passport.  Never been where I
needed one.  The Carribean would be fun but I gotta come back to work after LA.

sAunTerer

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---