[at-l] Setting off Metal Detectors

William Neal wrote:

> But she had to walk back to the parking lot alone on a
> moonless Sept. morning before dawn & had laid here belt
> buckle under the purse.  Did I mention that it was a nifty
> push dagger?  We then walked to the boarding gate.

Back before all human dignity was eliminated from air travel,
there was no problem with taking blades under three or four
inches (depending on the airline) through security so long
as they weren't serrated. A few years back I purchased a
plain-edged Delica specifically for business trips involving
commercial flight.

-MF