[at-l] New here...a dream coming true?

Hey there - I just wanted to introduce myself. I just subscribed to the
list - although ive heard about it for ages.

Im Stacy, from Dallas TX and a few years ago
a friend introduced me to the wonderful world of hiking. After the
first thing I read about the AT - I knew that someday I would do it!
Well - I have seen become engaged to my very best friend and although
he "enjoys" the outdoors - I figured he had enough nights in the woods
from his Army days and never dreamed he would want to do this. So I
resorted to reading books, online stuff, journals, and dreaming :) I
didnt think I could do it without him. Well - this weekend we were
camping and I was reading yet another AT book and he started asking me
all sorts of questions about it. After answering a bunch of them - he
said that when we retire (hes 30, im 27) we could do it together. I
was excited even about that - but it gets better - over the weekend we
talked more and started thinking - why not sooner? Why not save up the
money and take the time off and just do it. So we are sorta kinda
thinking maybe 2005 :) We both agreed next year woulda been perfect -
we are planning to move East somewhere (VA or NC, or DC area) and
would be leaving jobs anyway, etc - but that gives us NO time to plan,
buy all the gear, etc. As much as Ive read, I still have tons of
questions and want time to plan it right.

So - Im here. Not with an exact date yet - but a good idea and lots of
excitement about learning from you all and hearing your stories.

Thanks for listening!
Stacy