Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 19:29:15 -0500
From: Bob Cummings <ellen@clinic.net>
To: at-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: Re[2]: [at-l] (Guest Post) 2002 hiking

Gary, I completely forgot about the Revolutionary War. In my original post I
said I had no way to check on my assertions. I still don't. They are
opinions.
Yes, I think this war more difficult than World War One and Two.

 Upon reflection, I don't think it more difficult than the Vietman War,
which
 struck me from the beginning as unwinable and a foolish political exercise
 undertaken mostly for domestic political reasons, which backfired.

  I think this war is made more difficult by a president who spent six
months
  thumbing his nose at the rest of the world and then found he needed
worldwide
  support against terrorists who I had been expecting to strike for years.

  Despite this I sincerely hope our Supreme Court ordained president
succeeds,
  and quickly.

   Weary