[at-l] hiking in 2002

Hey Mags! I ran across an interesting experience of "bias" when I was on
the Inca Trail last year... one of the women on the trek, tho from London -
1st generation Brit, her family was Hindu from India... dark skin, made
darker by the high altitude sun, almond eyes... dang cute - too bad she was
with her fiancee (oh well).  Anyway, the natives would keep coming up to
her and "babbling" at her in Spanish or Quechuan.... "Sorry. I'm not from
around here" <vbg>, but she matched in real well... they were calling her
"La Gringa", or "La Gringita".

skeeter